Case Western Interview

Has anybody interviewed with Case Western Reserve University before? They invite those selected to campus, but I am not sure whether they are able to remote interview as well. I have classes on Fridays and live seven hours away -- a $300 plane ticket just doesn't seem like the most practical option. Does anybody have experience with this?

Furthermore, how are their interviews? I haven't seen anything on this or other forums about them at all really. From my research on this forum, it looks like those that have interviewed also got an offer. Can anybody speak to this?

Hi! I auditioned/Interviewed for the MFA acting program with case western and Cleveland playhouse. I live only about an hour and a half away so I drove in for it. It seemed to go well, just playing the waiting game now, my understanding is anyone offered a spot in the program then must apply through the university. So far all my materials have been sent or handed in to the program director directly.

sorry I do not have any more helpful information but I am definitely interested in sharing in any that comes along! Did you already audition and/or apply?

4 minutes ago, LittleSarah said:

Hi! I auditioned/Interviewed for the MFA acting program with case western and Cleveland playhouse. I live only about an hour and a half away so I drove in for it. It seemed to go well, just playing the waiting game now, my understanding is anyone offered a spot in the program then must apply through the university. So far all my materials have been sent or handed in to the program director directly.

sorry I do not have any more helpful information but I am definitely interested in sharing in any that comes along! Did you already audition and/or apply?

I'm applying for the Speech-Language Pathology program. Probably a little different than MFA's process. I wish you the best of luck! :)

I have also been invited to interview and am so nervous! I hope someone can tell us about the process! For anyone else interviewing February 22nd, if anyone would like to share a hotel or maybe get dinner Thursday night message me! Cleveland looks like an amazing city and I would love to explore a bit! 

39 minutes ago, Sydney Hayes said:

I have also been invited to interview and am so nervous! I hope someone can tell us about the process! For anyone else interviewing February 22nd, if anyone would like to share a hotel or maybe get dinner Thursday night message me! Cleveland looks like an amazing city and I would love to explore a bit! 

I'll be heading in early Friday! Were you the other one to post your interview invitation on the Speech pathology grad school admission results page?

2 hours ago, Sydney Hayes said:

I was not! 

I am a little confused what the interview will even be. The letter said, "The interview day will begin at 8:30am and will end at approximately 3:30pm. The interview will include meeting faculty and clinical supervisors, and touring research labs and the Cleveland Hearing and Speech Center. There will also be opportunities to meet current graduate students." So when exactly are we doing formal interviews, or is this more of a relaxed visit opportunity? Hopefully, the details sent in a forthcoming email should clarify these questions.

On 1/29/2019 at 2:33 PM, ubercool-RA said:

I am a little confused what the interview will even be. The letter said, "The interview day will begin at 8:30am and will end at approximately 3:30pm. The interview will include meeting faculty and clinical supervisors, and touring research labs and the Cleveland Hearing and Speech Center. There will also be opportunities to meet current graduate students." So when exactly are we doing formal interviews, or is this more of a relaxed visit opportunity? Hopefully, the details sent in a forthcoming email should clarify these questions.

I am not sure either. There is literally no information online! I attended an interview over the weekend that was described the same way and we had formal interviews in the morning and then tours/mingling in the afternoon! I am assuming it will be something similar! I am just so nervous there will be clinical questions related to our SLP courses! Although, if the interview was terribly difficult I would think there would be some chatter about it on grad cafe. 

Also, I noticed you are applying to Wisconsin- Madison and Grand Valley! I am applying to those same programs as well! Best of luck! 

34 minutes ago, Sydney Hayes said:

I am not sure either. There is literally no information online! I attended an interview over the weekend that was described the same way and we had formal interviews in the morning and then tours/mingling in the afternoon! I am assuming it will be something similar! I am just so nervous there will be clinical questions related to our SLP courses! Although, if the interview was terribly difficult I would think there would be some chatter about it on grad cafe. 

Also, I noticed you are applying to Wisconsin- Madison and Grand Valley! I am applying to those same programs as well! Best of luck! 

I emailed the person who we returned our Interview Day Decisions about what the  Interview Day process would be like last night. No word yet :)

Edited by ubercool-RA

I am also interviewing at Case Western on the 22nd! I assume that the majority of the day will be touring and them trying to sell us on the school (which I don't think will be hard. Case seems amazing). Not sure though...let me know what you find out! I am out-of-field, so I am hoping there aren't any technical questions.

21 minutes ago, wyattk said:

I am also interviewing at Case Western on the 22nd! I assume that the majority of the day will be touring and them trying to sell us on the school (which I don't think will be hard. Case seems amazing). Not sure though...let me know what you find out! I am out-of-field, so I am hoping there aren't any technical questions.

did you add your stats to the Speech Pathology Graduate School Admission Results?