What are my odds?

nstat52884

Hi all,

I am preparing my application for a PhD in Computer and Information Sciences.

I have completed my Masters in Predictive Analytics from the same school with a 3.85 GPA and my undergrad was from a different school in Statistics with a 3.4 GPA.

Although I have not done any academic research, I have completed research in industry.  Unfortunately though due the confidentiality of the research, I am not able to publish.

I do have very strong letters of recommendation as well as a strong SoP.

My GRE was a 156 in Verbal with a 163 in Quantitative Reasoning.

What are my odds for admissions?

21 hours ago, nstat52884 said:

I have had multiple professions review it saying the writing and reasons are very strong.

One of those who reviewed it has their PhD in Human Resource Management.

Well in that case I don't think that you have a bad profile.

Not quite sure that you are enough for the top world class schools

But enough to get in a decent school.

Did you apply this year? If so good luck for both of us

• 3 weeks later...

I am getting my master in computer science in IIT (Illinois Institute of Technology) with a GPA of 4.0. I am currently working on my thesis which is an ML and DM related. I have wone in 2 hackathons in last year, working in Data science related company as a part- term intern for the past 6 months and also has work experience before that. What odds to be accepted for University of Chicago HCI (Human-computer interaction)Ph.D. program ? also what do you think about Northwestern University? 

I have already applied and haven't got any update on my application and I just want to know what you guys think? I am really stressed out