Choosing between supervisors?

anonymous052709

Is there a place on Grad Cafe that we can ask current students what it is like to work with potential supervisors? This is crucial to decision-making for me. Is there a good venue to ask these questions, if we don't know anyone in the departments?

3 hours ago, anonymous052709 said:

Is there a place on Grad Cafe that we can ask current students what it is like to work with potential supervisors? This is crucial to decision-making for me. Is there a good venue to ask these questions, if we don't know anyone in the departments?

If you don't find anything on here, I'd suggest emailing grad students doing similar work at the school and ask them. They'd probably be helpful.

however, from what I've heard most people end up doing something very different from their initial AOIs. So, I wouldn't worry about it too much at this point.

Edited by Moose#@1%$
Was missing important information.

Also, if you are accepted or waitlisted somewhere you will almost certainly be put in touch with current grad students and will have a chance to ask them questions like that. If you are accepted outright you will likely be able to visit as well and will have even more time to follow up things like that.