WUSTL Admissions?

Jr1000

1 hour ago, Jr1000 said:

Thank you guys! My nerves are killing me.

No nerves now! You've got this!

You've worked and worked to put together the best possible application. You turned it in, and in doing so, put your best foot forward. You've already done everything that would impact the results, which means what happens now is out of your hands. 

You have no control over the situation, so putting energy into stress and nerves is energy better spent taking care of yourself - write, work, create, relax, consume art, make a nice meal, listen to music. Leave your computer and device alone until later today - maybe this evening after dinner, or before you go to bed. Checking it constantly will amp your nerves up and make you more tense each time your inbox doesn't contain what you're seeking.

These next months are really tough and this is just the start of the gauntlet.

Be proud of yourself and let yourself let go of stress over results - you've already done so much, now is the time to relax.

22 hours ago, archangel_ said:

No nerves now! You've got this!

You've worked and worked to put together the best possible application. You turned it in, and in doing so, put your best foot forward. You've already done everything that would impact the results, which means what happens now is out of your hands. 

You have no control over the situation, so putting energy into stress and nerves is energy better spent taking care of yourself - write, work, create, relax, consume art, make a nice meal, listen to music. Leave your computer and device alone until later today - maybe this evening after dinner, or before you go to bed. Checking it constantly will amp your nerves up and make you more tense each time your inbox doesn't contain what you're seeking.

These next months are really tough and this is just the start of the gauntlet.

Be proud of yourself and let yourself let go of stress over results - you've already done so much, now is the time to relax.

I love your attitude! Thank you! 

I applied to WUSTL too and no response. I'm seriously not able to focus on anything right now. I'm glad I've got others who understand, but I also hate that we're all going through it you know? Good luck to all.

10 hours ago, naanbread said:

I applied to WUSTL too and no response. I'm seriously not able to focus on anything right now. I'm glad I've got others who understand, but I also hate that we're all going through it you know? Good luck to all.

I called the grad school and they said decisions will be out by the end of next week so dont get down yet!! 

On 2/6/2019 at 6:03 AM, sonervous said:

Has acceptances for WUSTL been given out???? received nothing 

It looks like they probably have.

Deep breath! This is just the start of a long couple of months. Decisions are completely out of our hands, and we can be proud of the kickass applications we put together no matter the results. Whatever the email says, it is not the final say on your talent, your hard work, your merit, or your craft! Don't let this time get you down - use it to be good to yourself and manage all the ups and downs to come.

5 hours ago, archangel_ said:

For people who checked ApplyWeb and found rejections, where was that in the portal? I've searched the living daylights out of that page and I can't find anything. 

You might have been waitlisted. Last year people who didn’t get rejected right away got a waitlist letter a little less than a week later. Or it could be a glitch, I would call the school. 

47 minutes ago, Jr1000 said:

You might have been waitlisted. Last year people who didn’t get rejected right away got a waitlist letter a little less than a week later. Or it could be a glitch, I would call the school. 

oh god, do not give me that kind of hope! hope is the thing with feathers that does NOT the heck come around during MFA results season.