Teachers College Columbia Counseling Phd Interview Debrief

So, for everyone who had a virtual Counseling PhD interview at TC, what did you guys think?

I thought the group interview didn't allow for multiple speakers to contribute to their opinions since we were provided only 3 minutes to speak but had 10+ individuals on the call. In other words, WHAT A HOT MESS.

• 2 weeks later...

At least after my group interview, the faculty acknowledged it was their first year trying something like that and that they empathized it was not an easy task / not conducive to group collaboration. I wouldn't worry too much about it :) I feel like the individual faculty interviews will hold more weight. Hopefully we hear back soon!

I echo both impressions above! As someone who interviewed last year, the question was exactly the same except that it was in person last year. I feel like the task of collaborating with others and producing something that made sense was easier last year but, ultimately, i think they are just looking to see how you collaborate with others and handle yourself under pressure.

I'm not sure about either of you but, I couldn't see more than 4 icons at a time so it was hard to know who was there with me. To deal with this, i tried to take on the role of notetaker in my group so that i could capture everyone's contributions. 

If either of you have questions about the program or faculty, I completed my EdM and MA there and would be happy to share my experiences. I can say with confidence that the program is truly committed to social justice and amplifying the voices of segments in society that are not being listened to.  

I'm sending positive thoughts and confidence to each of you in getting through the final stretch. Last year it took them exactly 2 weeks to let us know their decision.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone here is waiting on B.V he has extended an offer to someone and they have accepted (a friend of mine interviewed with him and he called her today to tell her that he went with someone else).

Someone else just posted in the results section that they believe all initial offers have been extended. Has anyone here heard anything else?

• 2 weeks later...