Bonn-Cologne Graduate School Physics and Astrophysics

lsep

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/9/2019 at 1:25 AM, lsep said:

Anyone apply to / have heard back about the Honors Branch of BCGS?

I applied for BCGS and received the interview on Feb 19.

The interview is weird. It is scheduled from March 23 to March 29 with full funding including flight tickets, and they did not inform me of the details until the end of Feb. I do not think I have enough time for the Schengen VISA application.

On 2/28/2019 at 5:18 AM, JerryChen97 said:

I applied for BCGS and received the interview on Feb 19.

The interview is weird. It is scheduled from March 23 to March 29 with full funding including flight tickets, and they did not inform me of the details until the end of Feb. I do not think I have enough time for the Schengen VISA application.

Congratulations! And wow, that it very stressful, I know visa appointments can be full up to a month in advance depending on where you are. I hope you get it sorted out in time! I was not shortlisted for the interview, so I'm waiting for second round admission (without funding) in May

On 3/1/2019 at 11:10 PM, lsep said:

Congratulations! And wow, that it very stressful, I know visa appointments can be full up to a month in advance depending on where you are. I hope you get it sorted out in time! I was not shortlisted for the interview, so I'm waiting for second round admission (without funding) in May

Sorry to know your situation. Hope you finally get admitted in May~

For my personal trouble, I currently have no clue how to properly deal with it. I may try consulting some experienced classmates or friends who have applied for Germany VISA before or directly stating my situation and asking the Embassy for speeding up.

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2019 at 7:33 PM, JerryChen97 said:

Sorry to know your situation. Hope you finally get admitted in May~

For my personal trouble, I currently have no clue how to properly deal with it. I may try consulting some experienced classmates or friends who have applied for Germany VISA before or directly stating my situation and asking the Embassy for speeding up.

How did the interview go, and did you receive notification of admission yet?