Washington State U Interviews

Syc93

Hello all,

Got an email to sign up for an on-line interview. Super excited about this! I saw several discussion threads about previous year's interview process saying that the interview is pretty casual and personal. Has anyone here been interviewed this year willing to share and give some advises?

Thanks for any help and good luck to everyone!

Hey y'all! I have an interview with WSU in a couple days and am curious...

For anyone who has already interviewed with them, how did it go? Were the questions mostly personal, or were there some clinically-based ones slipped in there?

Just trying to mentally prepare!

I had mine yesterday!

They asked me two questions, I don't remember the exact question but there is one "job interview" question like how do you cope with failure. The other question is clinical-related. They gave me a scenario and ask me what will I do for this patient. Then I got to ask questions!

Hope this helps! Good luck!

2 hours ago, Syc93 said:

I had mine yesterday!

They asked me two questions, I don't remember the exact question but there is one "job interview" question like how do you cope with failure. The other question is clinical-related. They gave me a scenario and ask me what will I do for this patient. Then I got to ask questions!

Hope this helps! Good luck!

That's super helpful! Thank you so much. That gives me a better idea of how to prepare.

I'm nervous about any questions related to clinical situations. I'm a postbac student so this is only my second quarter of studying speech and hearing sciences, and none of my courses from last quarter talked about those kind of clinical situations (it was mostly just phonetics, A&P, language development, etc). So I guess I'll have to do a little research!

I'm glad you made it through your interview! Bet that's a relief. I can't wait until tomorrow night when I don't have to worry about any more interviews!

I am a post-bacc, too!

I don't think they expect us to come up with the whole "treatment plan" since we cover little standardized tests in the undergraduate-level courses. What I did is trying to recall what I observed in the school clinic and hospital, focusing on what I know more and putting less emphasis on the standardized tests. For example, for patient with TBI, I would probably start with taking a look at his medical chart and/or his schedule with PTs or OTs...,things like that!

That's just my thoughts, but of course, research will definitely help!!

Good luck! You'll do a great job!!

• 3 weeks later...