CMU MCDS or CMU MSR

gwangaj

I have been accepted to the Master of Computational Data Science (MCDS) program at Carnegie Mellon University. The decision ddl is April 1.

However, I am also on the waiting list of MS in Robotics (MSR) and the final decision is expected to be made by April 6.

I prefer MSR, but MCDS is also acceptable.

What should I do?

Thank you very much!

Edited by gwangaj

I'm accepted by both programs and I definitely prefer MSR.

I think MSR put more weights on research, and more important you will get funding from RI professors.

It's also about your research interest. I'm a vision and robotics guy, so MSR is better from me. If you prefer DS, DM or NLP, MCDS might be a good choice.

1 hour ago, weldon_m said:

I'm accepted by both programs and I definitely prefer MSR.

I think MSR put more weights on research, and more important you will get funding from RI professors.

It's also about your research interest. I'm a vision and robotics guy, so MSR is better from me. If you prefer DS, DM or NLP, MCDS might be a good choice.

Thank you very much for your suggestions! I'm also a vision guy, so I agree with you that MSR is better. May I ask when is the decision deadline for MSR?