UW-Madison Acceptance Email

I just got an email from UW-Madison saying "I am delighted to inform you that our faculty is recommending to the Graduate School that you be accepted into our Master`s program in Communication Sciences and Disorders for Fall 2019. The offer of admission is contingent upon satisfactory completion of graduate study prerequisites: https://csd.wisc.edu/masters/admissions/. UW- Madison has a 2-step admission process. You will receive the final admission letter from the Graduate School. In most cases, the Graduate School concurs with the department`s recommendation for admission." Their application portal also says that the program has made an offer of admission. I'm SUPER excited, but I'm not sure if it means I definitely got accepted or what? Did anyone else hear anything from them? Thanks!

I think that's a super common way of phrasing it! I think unless something came up in a background check or you lied about your transcripts a graduate admissions board will always admit someone who's been accepted into specific department programs. Congrats!!! Time to celebrate :)

I got the same email and was confused by a different part of it but sent an email to Amanda Talbert clarifying. I don't think they'd send us the email if they weren't 99% sure we were accepted. Congratulations on your accomplishment!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I was also super concerned by this, but I'm guessing as others said that it's a 99% certainty.  I imagine the only issue would be if it came to light that either you'd made a significant mistake on transcripts, or wouldn't complete prerequisities in time.

Congratulations!