Rutgers MSW

luckypalindrome

Hi all! 

I have been snooping all of the MSW posts I can find but couldn't find much about those accepted to Rutgers MSW program (New Brunswick) for Fall 2019. I was accepted and am still waiting on an award letter (reaching their financial aid department has been absolute hell), and I was wondering who else has been accepted, where else you applied, and if you were planning on joining their class of 2021!

I applied to UC Berkeley (rejected), UCLA (waiting to hear back), and Rutgers, and depending on aid, may end up choosing Rutgers to be closer to family.

7 hours ago, luckypalindrome said:

Thanks! I applied to Rutgers on January 17th and heard back on February 5th. I just got my award letter and unfortunately cannot afford to attend, so I'm really hoping for good news from UCLA.

Good luck! Do you mind sharing your award amount from Rutgers? Is it possible to appeal to Rutgers for more financial aid? I'm also worried about the financial burden.

18 hours ago, ag31 said:

Good luck! Do you mind sharing your award amount from Rutgers? Is it possible to appeal to Rutgers for more financial aid? I'm also worried about the financial burden.

I received nothing from them. My total tuition cost came out to be $37,000, not including housing or any other living expenses.