Thoughts on Munk (U of T)'s Fellowship in Global Journalism?

Delidas

Question

Hey all, 

I'm a current graduate student at Carleton University reading for an MA in international affairs (NPSIA). I'm enjoying the content of my studies immensely, but have more or less lost interest in leveraging my degree to work for the public service upon graduation. As NPSIA has a strong focus on placing students within the government, I realize that more schooling will likely be necessary to find employment elsewhere. 

I've been playing with the idea of pursuing a career in conflict/political journalism for some time now, and have heard good things about the Munk School's Fellowship in Global Journalism. It seems a practical course of study, with a strong focus on teaching fellows how to set themselves up for freelance careers. Given my education and interests, this sounds like an ideal fit for me. The issue lies in that most of the information that I've been able to dig up has been provided by the school itself - Obviously,  U of T is going to be biased in promoting its own program to potential applicants. I was wondering whether or not anybody might have had some sort of experience with the program on these forums; I'd love to hear some anecdotes regarding the program's utility, and whether or not the sort of freelance work it purports to equip one for is a viable means of making a living in itself. 

If you've anything to say, I'd be extremely grateful to hear it. Likewise, if anybody has any questions for me, I'm happy to acquiesce as well. 

Cheers,

Delidas 

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet