Is it appropriate to ask when to expect feedback from Interview

Ms Laulau

I'm an international student and I was interviewed (it was meant to be on Skype) but the network connection was terribly poor so I was asked to type out answers to some questions. It's been 2 weeks now and I still haven't gotten feedback. Is it appropriate to email asking when I can expect feedback or should I just be patient? 

25 minutes ago, Ms Laulau said:

I'm an international student and I was interviewed (it was meant to be on Skype) but the network connection was terribly poor so I was asked to type out answers to some questions. It's been 2 weeks now and I still haven't gotten feedback. Is it appropriate to email asking when I can expect feedback or should I just be patient? 

A simple email is fine.  If they don't feel like answering they will just ghost you.  What are you expecting them to say?  I mean, if you were asked that question, how would you answer it?  "Yeah, it was fine."  Couldn't hurt to ask, but if you're looking for acceptance confirmation, you're likely not gonna get it.

I also somehow have the same situation. I interviewed a POI over Skype and it went fine. The prof seemed very interested and asked me to do a task. I sent her the task but have not heard back yet. Meanwhile, I have received an official offer from a university in the same city and I have to accept or reject that offer in 10 days. Is it appropriate if I send an email to the POI and tell her about the situation and ask her about the status of my application?

On 3/4/2019 at 8:52 AM, nz1996 said:

I also somehow have the same situation. I interviewed a POI over Skype and it went fine. The prof seemed very interested and asked me to do a task. I sent her the task but have not heard back yet. Meanwhile, I have received an official offer from a university in the same city and I have to accept or reject that offer in 10 days. Is it appropriate if I send an email to the POI and tell her about the situation and ask her about the status of my application?

Yes, I would, if I were you.