UT Austin Comparative Literature

ambermt90

Have any applicants who were admitted into UT Austin's Comparative Literature program gotten information on funding? I would really like to accept but have no idea what funding will look like. 

Edited by ambermt90

19 hours ago, ambermt90 said:

Have any applicants who were admitted into UT Austin's Comparative Literature program gotten information on funding? I would really like to accept but have no idea what funding will look like. 

Same here! I asked them and they said they're finalizing their talks with the university and will tell me soon about the funding's package. 

20 hours ago, nimcheche said:

Same here! I asked them and they said they're finalizing their talks with the university and will tell me soon about the funding's package. 

That's what they told me about a month ago. I emailed the graduate advisor six days ago and haven't heard back. I'd like to learn more about the program in general and make sure PhD candidates have support in the program, as I've seen a lot of friends in graduate programs struggle after funding changes in their program. Have you had a chance to speak with any other students or professors at UT?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2019 at 6:14 PM, ambermt90 said:

That's what they told me about a month ago. I emailed the graduate advisor six days ago and haven't heard back. I'd like to learn more about the program in general and make sure PhD candidates have support in the program, as I've seen a lot of friends in graduate programs struggle after funding changes in their program. Have you had a chance to speak with any other students or professors at UT?

•  

I have but still no info regarding the fundings. Did you manage to get some valuable info?

12 hours ago, nimcheche said:

I have but still no info regarding the fundings. Did you manage to get some valuable info?

I have not. I contacted them twice but it's just been radio silence. Honestly feeling kind of nervous. 

What have your conversations been like? My biggest concern at the moment is less about funding, though that's obviously huge, and more so the treatment of graduate students in the program. It worries me that I'm struggling to get information.

Edited by ambermt90

• 1 year later...