University of Michigan (late acceptances possible?)

mv90

Hi everyone,

Is anyone else still waiting for a response from Michigan? I already checked the application status on the Wolverine Access website (the U-M friend account, etc.) and there's no decision available. Two weeks ago I was told that "final decisions may not yet have been made in all cases". Do you know if they have done this in previous years and whether a late acceptance could still be possible through some sort of hidden waitlist?

Welcome to TGC!

Metaphysically? Yes.

Physically? Sure.

Likely? Extremely not.

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but if you haven't heard anything from them, I highly doubt that you'll be made an offer now. They are one of the most sought after programs in the world.

When I was rejected two years ago, it was on March 9th (a Thursday). It is only March 11th. Give them time and try to manage your expectations.

Again, sorry to be such a downer, I'm just being realistic.

Edited by Duns Eith

That's what I thought, I just wanted to confirm with someone with experience from previous years. The message from the department was confusing but I guess they just avoid telling people "we haven't had the time to upload your rejection letter".

Thank you very much! And no need to apologize, that's the information I needed!