Purdue Funding Audiology

savvy_aud

Hey y'all! So, so excited to have been accepted to Purdue University in West Lafayette for this upcoming fall! It's one of my top choices, but I still haven't heard anything about funding yet and it's a big deal since I'm out of state. I'm wondering if anyone else has heard, or knows anything about the process?

Edited by savvy_aud

Hi!!! I also may be attending Purdue in the fall! I’m waiting to hear about funding from them and other top choices before making a decision.

Obviously, I have not heard about funding yet and neither has my friend who also applied. So don’t worry! I am attending the Admitted Students day on March 22 and hoping to find out more then. They told me that some students find out about funding before April 15, but some don’t :( However, I believe most current student there do have some funding, so there’s hope! Best of luck and keep me updated :)

Thanks for the update!!!! I won't be able to make the visit day, but I really hope it goes well!! I heard from one of the first year students that everyone in the current first-year class has funding so I'm hopeful, but the anticipation is killing me haha. I'll definitely let you know if I hear anything, and good luck to you too!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again! After attending the visit day yesterday, I just wanted to give you a little update on funding. It depends on how large the class size is, but each year it seems that approximately 8 student should receive an assistantship (research, audiology assistant, or TA). Average class size is about 10 people, so there’s a really good chance everyone does get funding. A couple students did find out prior to April 15 (contacted by profs.) while some don’t find out until fall. Others might not get anything for first semester but then they do get something the next semester. And all students are generally able to keep their assistanship the following years so that’s awesome. 

Let me know if you have more specific questions. I’m on my phone so it’s difficult to type everything. The visit day yesterday confirmed how awesome the program and faculty is, and I’m like 95% sure I’m attending Purdue. Would love to connect if you are for sure going as well!