Hofstra University vs. Adelphi University

I am in the same boat and I have a friend who is a first year at Hofstra and loves it!! The things I know for sure is Hofstra has a way smaller cohort size which makes everyone very close which I love! Also my friend mentioned that Hofstra is considered the best program on LI. I’m leaning towards Hofstra but still want to visit both. 

• 2 weeks later...

I loved Adelphi when I visited! I wont be going because the commute is too brutal for me, but I loved that they have a lot of assistantships, research assistantships, and scholarships. They also do work with other departments which is great to see. Dont know anything about hofstra though.

I also visited Adelphi and loved the campus! I got to speak to current grad students and they said the program is definitely more education based, so it's perfect if you don't want to work in a medical setting. They also said it was hard to even get a placement in a hospital. Adelphi does a lot of group therapy which I wasn't thrilled about since I want as much practice with one-on-one therapy as possible. Due to this, I will be declining my offer. The only thing I know about Hofstra is that they offer both paths (medical and school), the educational track is just a couple more credits. Hope this helps!