HKS to WWS Visit Travel Plans

coolguyz

For those of you admitted to both HKS and WWS and planning on trying to get to both visit days what's the gameplan for travelling and looking for reimbursement.

I would ideally fly up to Boston then take a train to Princeton then fly back out of Newark but it looks like the timing may be cramped.  I'm a PPIA Fellow and I remember being told that I'm guaranteed travel compensation for visits to PPIA consortium schools but it's impossible to find those kinds of guarantees written down online.  

Let me know what your plans are and maybe we can link up at some point or split a rental car.  Congrats everyone!

I'm struggling with this too! I'm not seeing any trains directly from Cambridge/Boston to Princeton, so I'm tentatively planning to drive (unless I can manage to eliminate one school before that week, which would make the final decision process a lot easier since I'm also considering SIPA and SAIS - currently slated for 6-7 straight days of admitted students events...). If I end up needing to rent a car, I'd definitely be open to splitting it with other students visiting both schools :) 

14 minutes ago, somewhatslightlydazed said:

I'm struggling with this too! I'm not seeing any trains directly from Cambridge/Boston to Princeton, so I'm tentatively planning to drive (unless I can manage to eliminate one school before that week, which would make the final decision process a lot easier since I'm also considering SIPA and SAIS - currently slated for 6-7 straight days of admitted students events...). If I end up needing to rent a car, I'd definitely be open to splitting it with other students visiting both schools :) 

Sounds stressful but a good stress to have.  I only applied to Georgia schools, Georgetown, and then these two so it's a bit easier for me.  The train situation would be the Acela Express from Boston to New York (which I just read about) and then from New York to Princeton Junction (which I've done before and is pretty chill).  So that's doable and looks like it would take just as long as driving (around five hours).  So it's just a question of timing it out so as not to miss any events.  

Do we know when the wws programming starts on Saturday? In a similar situation, but going up to Boston instead for the mpa/id visit day on Monday. Friends tell me taking the train is the way to go. 

I’ll be at sais too on Wednesday, but have not hear much about their open house.  

Happy to travel together with others on the same schedule!