UNC Chapel Hill Education PHD

Did you send an email about funding to your department? 

I didn't apply to UNC-Chapel Hill, but one of my friends entered there four years ago without funding and having a lot of trouble in her finance.... 

9 hours ago, yusr said:

Did you send an email about funding to your department? 

I didn't apply to UNC-Chapel Hill, but one of my friends entered there four years ago without funding and having a lot of trouble in her finance.... 

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I did send an email, but last week was their spring break, and I'm kind of waiting for a response this week. 

PHD with no funding. couldn't imagine that. 

I think I saw your post before. Have you decided on which school you are going to attend? 

14 hours ago, 415404320 said:

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I did send an email, but last week was their spring break, and I'm kind of waiting for a response this week. 

PHD with no funding. couldn't imagine that. 

I think I saw your post before. Have you decided on which school you are going to attend? 

Unfortunately, not yet. Funding is also the main concern for me. I hope your funding situation will be solved well.

On 3/18/2019 at 11:35 PM, yusr said:

Unfortunately, not yet. Funding is also the main concern for me. I hope your funding situation will be solved well.

Same here! I'm invited to an admitted student event next week. Hope to leave some good impressions there. 

Good luck to you! I know it's getting towards the application season, but never lose hope! 

On 3/15/2019 at 9:16 PM, 415404320 said:

Anyone got admission and funding from UNC Chapel Hill??? 

I got admission on Feb 27th and have not heard anything about financial support despite a few emails sent. 

I'm getting extremely anxious. 

Hey... I got email 2 days before from the professor that he recommended me to the department for my admission in graduate program along with assistantships under his supervision.

Did this mean, most probably I get the offer along with assistantships ?!  

Please help me... Thank you

5 hours ago, prafuld said:

Hey... I got email 2 days before from the professor that he recommended me to the department for my admission in graduate program along with assistantships under his supervision.

Did this mean, most probably I get the offer along with assistantships ?!  

Please help me... Thank you

Yeah, I think so. It most likely means he wants to hire you for RA. 

Congrats! 

May I ask which program if you don't mind sharing? 

On 3/27/2019 at 8:15 PM, 415404320 said:

Yeah, I think so. It most likely means he wants to hire you for RA. 

Congrats! 

May I ask which program if you don't mind sharing? 

Graduate program- Fall 2019 (UNC-Chapel Hill)

Department: Enviromental Sciences and Engineering

Ph.D. topic: not yet decided(mostly on development of air quality modelling tools)

I want to clarify once again... as said by the prof. will I be funded for all the 5 years of my Ph.D.,?

Edited by prafuld

4 hours ago, prafuld said:

Graduate program- Fall 2019 (UNC-Chapel Hill)

Department: Enviromental Sciences and Engineering

Ph.D. topic: not yet decided(mostly on development of air quality modelling tools)

I want to clarify once again... as said by the prof. will I be funded for all the 5 years of my Ph.D.,?

Hi Congrats again!

You'd better ask the prof. for clarification, as each program varies. 

Best of luck!