OGS - Any word?

euges116

I'm on the reversion list for 2010 too. SIGH, not great news, but better than a flat out NO... but MORE waiting....when do folks usually find out about their other scholarships so that they can say no to OGS and 'free up spots'?

And if I remember correctly, I think I remember someone saying you can call the number (Gerry?) they provide and see where you are on the reversion list for your discipline?

Hope everyone else gets happy results!

Are you going to call?

Are you going to call?

After lurking for awhile I've decided to join. Plus I wanted to share this info with you all:

I'm on the reversion list and I just called. Turns out Gerry is retired and after getting redirected a few times, I finally made it to someone's voice mail who (for obvious reasons) is not answering her phone. The message clearly stated that she would not be dealing with OGS inquiries until the end of the month. If anyone else wants the number feel free to PM me. I chose not to leave a message and will instead call in May.

I don't understand, last year I got OGS and was told my chances were very high again this year. Has anyone on the reversion list received the award? And if so, when did you hear?

After lurking for awhile I've decided to join. Plus I wanted to share this info with you all:

I'm on the reversion list and I just called. Turns out Gerry is retired and after getting redirected a few times, I finally made it to someone's voice mail who (for obvious reasons) is not answering her phone. The message clearly stated that she would not be dealing with OGS inquiries until the end of the month. If anyone else wants the number feel free to PM me. I chose not to leave a message and will instead call in May.

I don't understand, last year I got OGS and was told my chances were very high again this year. Has anyone on the reversion list received the award? And if so, when did you hear?

I considered calling but figured they wouldn't be answering their phones today. Now I don't have to waste my time with a phone-call. Instead I can just sit here trying to figure out WHY THE HELL THEY WONT TELL ME IF I GOT IT OR NOT. sonofab@#$

I'm assuming they did a batch update over midnight and the same will happen over midnight until all the results are posted. I don't think any new postings will happen throughout the day.

I am interested in anyone who had an unsuccessful status?

I'm assuming they did a batch update over midnight and the same will happen over midnight until all the results are posted. I don't think any new postings will happen throughout the day.

I am interested in anyone who had an unsuccessful status?

That may be the case... Perhaps their servers just can't handle the volume of information and so doing it during the day would cause problems for the people that work there?

It still bugs the hell out of me.

I also would like to know if anyone was unsuccessful? I know on the NSERC board not many unsuccessful folks (like myself) posted. So I'm not sure if its a posting bias, or that no one who has been unsuccessful has found out.

I don't think you should feel bad. Its mostly a math equation. My status says that my application was reviewed by a panel of 3 independent people and then it sounds like they gave the applications a ranking and then those rankings were crunched into winners according to the order in which they came out based on how many yeses they got . Then yeses are handed out until the money runs out. Oh and they said there are different categories so I need someone in my category to not accept in order to move up the line. So if this is true --which I don't really know for sure as I am reading in between the lines --then it just depends on who is on the panel and what their thinking is on what is important for the future and who they think might be able to do the work that they are proposing. And different people are going to think very different things.

good luck

Oh ya and I think it is hilarious that they put the number of a retired guy in the notices as a contact for finding out one's rank!! Tricky tricky.

I am, right now....will post what I find out, if anything... (I'm sure they are swamped today...)

Does anyone know whether certain disciplines are more likely to get to the reversion list? I'm in Health Sciences & Human Biology. I'm worried they won't make it to me, but hoping other health people get CIHR or other scholarships!

I am, right now....will post what I find out, if anything... (I'm sure they are swamped today...)

Does anyone know whether certain disciplines are more likely to get to the reversion list? I'm in Health Sciences & Human Biology. I'm worried they won't make it to me, but hoping other health people get CIHR or other scholarships!

I'm not sure why some disciplines would be more or less likely to get awards? In my experience in biology the people actually in competition for these awards have similar transcripts whether they are from Biomed, Microbiology, Molecular Bio and Genetics etc. I'm only borderline in competition (depends on how my reviewers read my application - there are some extenuating circumstances) but of my friends an about equal percentage by program have been successful.

I got my results last night after midnight. I am doing a PhD and applied through the Genetics, Cell and Molecular Biology stream. I will be turning down the award so hopefully one of you guys pick it up!

My labmate did not receive her results yet either, she is doing an MSc and applied through biochemistry/biophysics. Good luck everybody!

-Q

I don't believe it works that way. All disciplines have access to money from federal granting agencies. I am not sure of the exact numbers breakdowns but I think things are fairly even across fields.

Okay I just called. The message was changed to say that they are still imputing data on reversion lists selections and successful applicants and that complete information would not be available until the end of the month. So for those whose status has not changed, don't count yourself out yet!

Okay I just called. The message was changed to say that they are still imputing data on reversion lists selections and successful applicants and that complete information would not be available until the end of the month. So for those whose status has not changed, don't count yourself out yet!

that should say inputting data not imputing.

Great, Thanks for the update. Now if only I knew what a reversion list selections was.

+ 1

I went to talk to my graduate coordinator who called the graduate studies office. The results "are out" but the school has not received them yet.

+ 1

I went to talk to my graduate coordinator who called the graduate studies office. The results "are out" but the school has not received them yet.

I emailed my department secretary and she had no clue about when she would find out. She said year to year its pretty random how well they communicate with her. Sounds about right for something run by the government.

THE END OF THE MONTH?.... well that sucks. I want to know now! If only I were three years old and people wouldn't look at me oddly if I threw a temper tantrum...

THE END OF THE MONTH?.... well that sucks. I want to know now! If only I were three years old and people wouldn't look at me oddly if I threw a temper tantrum...

Here's my mentality: if I do not hear in the next few days, I will assume that I didn't get it. That way, if i get it, it will be a nice surprise.

Here's my mentality: if I do not hear in the next few days, I will assume that I didn't get it. That way, if i get it, it will be a nice surprise.

Its a good approach. I have been trying to assume I didn't get it all along, but I tend to secretly think I deserve it so I will be crushed a bit when I don't get it.