Rochester University Decisions...?

smc837

Hi Everyone! 

I applied to 8 graduate schools for a PhD (6 have said no, but one gave me the opportunity to apply for the masters program) And I am just waiting on 2 more! USC and Rochester. I know USC has been busy with their acceptances, but I was wondering if anyone has heard from Rochester, or if anyone from Rochester knows what's up, OR could you please give me some advice on what to do? Should I wait it out until April? Should I shoot them an email? I haven't seen anything here on the gradcafe yet, so I was hoping I could see what any of you might have to say about it. 

Thanks! 

Hi! I also applied to Rochester and haven't heard a peep from them. I'm planning on emailing the graduate coordinator on Monday asking about the decision timeline. I think it's been long enough since December 1 to ask them about it lol. I can let you know what she says if you like, otherwise you could also send an email!

On 3/19/2019 at 8:18 AM, smc837 said:

Hi Everyone! 

I applied to 8 graduate schools for a PhD (6 have said no, but one gave me the opportunity to apply for the masters program) And I am just waiting on 2 more! USC and Rochester. I know USC has been busy with their acceptances, but I was wondering if anyone has heard from Rochester, or if anyone from Rochester knows what's up, OR could you please give me some advice on what to do? Should I wait it out until April? Should I shoot them an email? I haven't seen anything here on the gradcafe yet, so I was hoping I could see what any of you might have to say about it. 

Thanks! 

Hi, I am also waiting on USC decisions. Did you contact them yet??

• 2 weeks later...

I gave the admissions office a call and they hadn't heard anything from the linguistics department either. They're super behind on their decisions. They said that they are finalizing their decisions and send out stuff by the end of the week! 

5 hours ago, smc837 said:

I gave the admissions office a call and they hadn't heard anything from the linguistics department either. They're super behind on their decisions. They said that they are finalizing their decisions and send out stuff by the end of the week! 

Thanks so much for calling them about it and letting us all know! Now I'm going to be refreshing my application portal and email constantly for the rest of the week waiting for their response haha ?‍♀️ Good luck everyone!

On 3/24/2019 at 10:27 AM, HopefulKid said:

Hi, I am also waiting on USC decisions. Did you contact them yet??

I contacted USC via email and they gave me a "mostly no"  kind of an answer. This is from the email I got from them: "We have made offers of admission, and while we have not yet finalized our admissions, we will most likely not be able to extend an offer to you. I am very sorry about this disappointing news. I wish you the best in your future studies and research." 

So mostly no, but also kind of like a maybe.... its still on the table until I get the official no though. 

On 4/2/2019 at 9:09 PM, smc837 said:

I contacted USC via email and they gave me a "mostly no"  kind of an answer. This is from the email I got from them: "We have made offers of admission, and while we have not yet finalized our admissions, we will most likely not be able to extend an offer to you. I am very sorry about this disappointing news. I wish you the best in your future studies and research." 

So mostly no, but also kind of like a maybe.... its still on the table until I get the official no though. 

I mailed them too. I was told that it will come down to the very last dates before they can know anything for sure. They're waiting on students with offers to decide, therefore haven't been able to move to the waitlist  yet.