Is MS in ECE at Duke worth the debt?

AnanjayaTyagi

Hello everyone, 

I have received admits from both DUke and NCSU. In Duke I have been offered MS in ECE whose cost is $77,000 for one academic year but the program rank is in top 20's according to USNEWS. The other admit is from NCSU for MS in Computer Engineering. Now, though the rank of the program is in top 40's but the program cost is $45,000 ish. Living expenses are similar due to them being close to each other.

I am in a dilemma, whether to go for the better program with high cost, for which I will be taking loans or to go for the low price and okayish program. 

Also, Duke has a very strong alumnus and reputation. It's ECE program offers various software courses of my interest. 

My question basically is that which University is better in terms of placement? In which University will I get better returns?(keeping in mind the cost of the programs)

If you guys have more points that I should take into consideration, kindly feel free to post it. 

Thank you

Edited by AnanjayaTyagi
Changing technicalities