Berkeley Goldman (GSPP) MPP Waitlist

cheysadr

Anyone else on the waitlist for the MPP at Berkeley Goldman? I'm in at every other program I applied to, but still waiting on the definitive decision from GSPP to make my choice. Just wish I could know for sure so I could start making some plans! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2019 at 12:40 PM, Another-MPP-Applicant said:

I'm on the waitlist at Goldman for MPP too and waiting for their decision, their timelines seem pretty far though.

Is there a chance you've heard back yet? I'm hoping not to have to ask for extensions for the other programs I'm considering.

Looking back at data from prior years, it looks like waitlist candidates were pulled in mid to late MAY.  You're going to want to choose from your other options and give your deposit because no one will give you an extension that far, and your funding offers will likely be affected. 

8 hours ago, Greendno3 said:

Looking back at data from prior years, it looks like waitlist candidates were pulled in mid to late MAY.  You're going to want to choose from your other options and give your deposit because no one will give you an extension that far, and your funding offers will likely be affected. 

Oh lord! That's pretty bad.

Thanks for pulling that info. So annoying but I guess they get to get away with it since they're ~Berkeley. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also on the waitlist. :(The email I got said they would "know whether or not we will be able to offer spaces in next year's class to people on the wait list after April 22nd." 

Still haven't heard back, obviously - but curious, where did y'all see info about May being the time we'd hear back? 

Congrats, @cheysadr! I also got an email last night and got in too! My letter said the same thing about funding (which was expected), so probably doesn't change things for me. But maybe doesn't hurt to ask, just in case...? :)

• 2 years later...

Hi, i know this topic is from a couple of years back. I got on the waitlist for MPP at Berkeley this year too, and I wonder if there is anything I can do while I wait. The letter said do not supply more documents, but should we follow that instruction? or should we go ahead and reach out to the administration office and submit more documents anyway?