MS in Biotechnology

Coffee_beanie

Question

3rd Decision - 2nd admit 
1st - NYU MS in Biotechnology and Entrepreneurship - Accepted
2nd - University of Wisconsin Madison -Rejected 
3rd - Johns Hopkins University - MS in  Biotechnology - Accepted as a Conditional Student.
Should I wait for decisions from Columbia(MA Biotechnology), UMich Ann Arbor ( MS in Human Genetics) and UPenn( Masters in Biotechnology) or just go for JHU? JHU MS in Biotechnology is a course under AAP. I've heard mixed reviews regarding these courses, since they are part time. As an International student , will It be good for me to go for something like this?

4 answers to this question

Hi!! I also got accepted into NYU Ms in Biotechnology and Entrepreneurship and Im as well waiting for the answer from Columbia! 

I think that if the programs in which you got accepted dont really convince you, you should wait to hear back from the others. If the deadline to make a decission for a program aproaches before you hear back from the others, I would ask for an extension. I did that at Northwestern and they were very understanding. 

Where are you from? Im from Mexico! Good luck with your decissions and maybe we end up in the same program! 

6 hours ago, VicBah said:

Hi!! I also got accepted into NYU Ms in Biotechnology and Entrepreneurship and Im as well waiting for the answer from Columbia! 

I think that if the programs in which you got accepted dont really convince you, you should wait to hear back from the others. If the deadline to make a decission for a program aproaches before you hear back from the others, I would ask for an extension. I did that at Northwestern and they were very understanding. 

Where are you from? Im from Mexico! Good luck with your decissions and maybe we end up in the same program! 

Hey! I did really wanted to go to JHU cause it's a reputated university, but the reviews online are confusing me. Did you apply to JHU or UPenn?

I'm from India , Good luck to you too, hoping the same!

Hi! No, I didnt apply to those programs, I was very close to applying to JHU because of the universities reputation but in the end I decided the program itself didnt convince me. Right now Im undecided between NYU and Northwestern, however I would like yo have the answer from Columbia before making the final decission. 

Good luck! 

On 4/2/2019 at 8:41 PM, VicBah said:

Hi! No, I didnt apply to those programs, I was very close to applying to JHU because of the universities reputation but in the end I decided the program itself didnt convince me. Right now Im undecided between NYU and Northwestern, however I would like yo have the answer from Columbia before making the final decission. 

Good luck! 

Which one did you end up taking? I am confused between the two too.