uToronto or UBC for and MArch

mo0o0ose

hi!

I was admitted to both University of Toronto and University of British Columbia for a master of architecture this fall 2019. I need some opinions from objective outside sources to help me make my decision! Which do you think is a better school?

For reference, UBC is offering me a semesters worth of advance credits and the tuition is nearly 10K less than U of T. BUT U of T is a more internationally renowned school, is where I did my undergrad and is close to my home. They gave me an entrance scholarship but not enough to cover the 10K difference in tuition, and no advanced placement. The biggest concern for me is moving across the country to Vancouver when I have some important familial responsibilities near Toronto that make it challenging to leave.

Anyway internet stranger, please help me decide!

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulation!  I would say both are good graduate program.  You won't go wrong with either.  But you need to stay with your family, then Toronto should be a logical choice.  

Would you mind sharing your undergrad experience at UofT ?