Columbia - Are you waiting too?

lenin333

I am on the same boat... I thought I would receive the fedex yesterday. By the way, I am IR, and I'll be at the open house too

whew! now i feel better knowing i'm not the only one who hasn't gotten my package.

i'm so excited for the open house! i guess i will see you there! what specifically in IR are you interested in? do you know what advisor you might want to work with, or what classes you might want to take?

I am interested in security, in particular civil war. The people that I would like to work with are Jervis, Snyder, Betts and Fortna. What about you?

we actually have very similar interests. i am interested in ethnic conflict and failed states. i actually went to columbia as a undergrad and worked with snyder (who is the nicest man alive, you should know), so i would love to work with betts.

i look forward to meeting you at the open house!

Just to confirm I also live in NYC and am still waiting (impatiently) for the Columbia Fedex, (shouldn't it have arrived by now?).

Am interested in IR theory (structural realism and the english school) - and am trying to decide between political theory and comparative for the minor field.

Congrats to all prospectives, and see you at the open house!

The package contained just one letter from the Dean of GSAS with all necessary details, (re fellowship).

Was half expecting there to be included some glossy pamphlets about CU, but I guess that comes later.

Hope this helps!

In addition to all the folks you mentioned below, I would also think that Humphreys would be very interesting to you if you're interested in these issues of civil war and failed states. Fazal as well... Columbia is a great place to do this kind of work.

we actually have very similar interests. i am interested in ethnic conflict and failed states. i actually went to columbia as a undergrad and worked with snyder (who is the nicest man alive, you should know), so i would love to work with betts.

i look forward to meeting you at the open house!

Does anyone know anything about the waitlist?

Waitlists (at least some) have been notified via email to check the online system for a decision. They will be making final decisions about who gets off the waitlist shortly after April 15.

*impatiently and with the pathetic urgency of someone who has been waiting four months*

Anyone?

No real inside information, sorry. But maybe something will start happening in a week or two. Accepted students are visiting Columbia March 30-April 1. It's possible some people leaning towards declining the offer are waiting to visit before they decline. Not sure how accurate this is, but it seems plausible.