Loans/Funding

Hi,

I wanted to ask how people are funding for grad school. I have a GA position however, I will be dependent on Loans. I am eligible for grad PLUS loan but interest rate is like 7%,which is high.

Is this what I would expect average rate to be if I look for private loans?

any suggestions for private loans? Aside from Sally Mae?

I've heard discover can be quite good. I've also heard that you should check with your local bank or credit union to see if they have individual loans at lower rates. I personally got one private loan through Sallie Mae and then the other loans I had were graduate federal loans when I applied for FAFSA. 

8 minutes ago, AlwaysaFalcon said:

I've heard discover can be quite good. I've also heard that you should check with your local bank or credit union to see if they have individual loans at lower rates. I personally got one private loan through Sallie Mae and then the other loans I had were graduate federal loans when I applied for FAFSA. 

I know very little about getting school loans. All I know is that my education will have a “nice” price. Thank you, I really appreciate your input! I wanted to check discovery. I don’t want my credit score to go down if discover looks at my credit.