Jump to content

who is paying for your trip ? Need answer For PhD student

Recommended Posts

I have been admitted to PhD  and I have been offered Teaching assistantship plus fee waiver.  On My I-20 it is mentioned that expenses for 9 months: $45000 and funds for 9 months : assistantship and fee waiver: $46129.  After that I will join a research group and will be offered research assistanship.

 Now filling DS-160 form. I got confused that what choose among:  1)self  2)other person 3) organization/company for the query who is paying for your trip ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well it seems like what the question is asking is in regards to the cost of your trip are you covering that yourself (#1), is someone else covering it such as a family member (#2), or is an organization/company covering it such as the University you'll be attending (#3).  Has your PhD program mentioned anything about helping you with travel costs?  If this isn't part of your funding then they are expecting you to go with option 1 or 2.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Typically is the organization, because you will receiving money from them (in all the multiple forms that you mentioned). Check with your International Student Office, though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 years later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use