Hi everyone! 

I applied to this school and I haven't heard anything back. Has anyone received anything? 

I haven't heard anything about this program on gradcafe, so if anyone has some insight please share! 

Hello, I applied late Feb for this program. I called them mid April and they told me that they would not be sending out acceptances until after the deadline closes. I'm assuming they were not reviewing applications until after the deadline as well. Might be mid May before we hear anything. 

9 hours ago, DM-SLP3329 said:

Hello, I applied late Feb for this program. I called them mid April and they told me that they would not be sending out acceptances until after the deadline closes. I'm assuming they were not reviewing applications until after the deadline as well. Might be mid May before we hear anything. 

Nice to talk someone else that applied here! I haven't found anyone on gradcafe this cycle. I emailed the director a few days ago and she said that they are currently going through final exams and graduation, so we should be expecting to hear back in a few weeks. 

Did you receive SU's application after you finished the CSDCAS application? Bc I haven't gotten anything yet. 

Well that's good news! I have not heard a peep on gradcafe about Southern. I have not received anything regarding their application. I saw that you got accepted at FMU! Congrats! applied there as well but didn't receive anything yet. Really hoping to get accepted there. 

Right now SU is my top option because it is the most affordable! I am really hoping that it works out ???

Thanks so much! It is such an honor being accepted but I will probably end up turning down their offer. The out of state tuition there is insane and it's on the other side of the country, so far away from my family and bf. I don't want to live on a different time zone than them. I will accept MWU in AZ because it is closer to home.

Keep me updated! I am wishing you the best for FMU! ??

3 hours ago, nguyen16041 said:

Right now SU is my top option because it is the most affordable! I am really hoping that it works out ???

Thanks so much! It is such an honor being accepted but I will probably end up turning down their offer. The out of state tuition there is insane and it's on the other side of the country, so far away from my family and bf. I don't want to live on a different time zone than them. I will accept MWU in AZ because it is closer to home.

Keep me updated! I am wishing you the best for FMU! ??

Well I wish you luck with SU, if I get accepted I will most likely decline. How much is FMU tuition? I asked in my interview however she was not able to tell me. On the website it says out of state is 19,000 but is that per year or semester? 

51 minutes ago, DM-SLP3329 said:

Well I wish you luck with SU, if I get accepted I will most likely decline. How much is FMU tuition? I asked in my interview however she was not able to tell me. On the website it says out of state is 19,000 but is that per year or semester? 

Will you accept FMU if offered? :)

$19K per semester, if you are out of state. So for out of staters it would be fall, spring, summer (roughly $60K) and fall and spring ($20K) - if I decided to apply for residency- totaling up to about $80K. In CA when they do price breakdowns it is often done by the year (at least from what I have seen) so I initially assumed that it was affordable and I did the math and I was shocked. It was too expensive and too far from home for me :( I think if you are in-state it would be reasonable, roughly $50K.

Keep me update on SU! It's the most affordable on my list so I would take it for sure!!!

12 hours ago, nguyen16041 said:

Will you accept FMU if offered? :)

$19K per semester, if you are out of state. So for out of staters it would be fall, spring, summer (roughly $60K) and fall and spring ($20K) - if I decided to apply for residency- totaling up to about $80K. In CA when they do price breakdowns it is often done by the year (at least from what I have seen) so I initially assumed that it was affordable and I did the math and I was shocked. It was too expensive and too far from home for me :( I think if you are in-state it would be reasonable, roughly $50K.

Keep me update on SU! It's the most affordable on my list so I would take it for sure!!!

Wow that is a little much, I thought it was 19000 a year. I'm out of state as well. I definitely will keep you updated on SU. I think I will accept FMU if offered, it's the closest to home for me although expensive. 

4 hours ago, DM-SLP3329 said:

Wow that is a little much, I thought it was 19000 a year. I'm out of state as well. I definitely will keep you updated on SU. I think I will accept FMU if offered, it's the closest to home for me although expensive. 

Very steep unfortunately. Hopefully FMU gets back to you soon! :)

And yes please keep me update on SU, I'll let you know if I hear anything as well :D