Applied Clinical Psychology at Penn State MA

hi all! 

Has anyone heard about the applied clinical psychology masters at Penn State?

I am currently deciding between this, BU, and UChicago. 

Penn State's program is the best fit for me, but I think the others have a better reputation. 

Ultimately, I'm hoping this would enhance my chances of getting into a PhD program.

Does anyone know about PSU's reputation among academics? What are the exit opportunities if you're a PSU graduate?

I'm so torn between accepting the offer and feeling like I could do better, your input would be much appreciated! 

I don't know anything about this specific program, but the rule of thumb for MA/MS psych programs is research emphasis. If you are looking to apply to PhDs afterwards, you want to make sure you have solid research opportunities in the masters program where you have a high likelihood of getting posters/pubs by the time you apply for PhD programs. Programs care more about that than the fact you are doing a formal masters degree. 

@PsyDGrad90

Thank you for the reply! 

For the Penn state program, I will have the opportunity to do my thesis as well as apply for some lab openings in which I conduct research with professors. 

While the program does provide practicum experience, it also stresses research etc. 

Do you know whether or not this approach would hurt/help my PhD applications? given that I am doing a fair amount of research within the two years. 

Finally, what do you think of Penn State in general? 

Thanks!