Looking for funding options

ShaneF

I am an international student (American) starting my MSc in physics at ETH in Zurich this autumn. I've done a lot of research on the internet looking for funding and have come up with nil. I tried applying for federal (US government) loans but ETH is not listed as one of the eligible schools. I contacted one of the professors in the department and they said they cant take employees without at least a masters. I looked into being a teaching assistant but I cant apply until after the first semester (and I do not speak a terrible amount of German, but I will be learning over the summer). I was hoping to get some other ideas for funding. I did not get the ESOP and the financial aid office said they only offer scholarships to students who already have a scholarship from their home country. I contacted my school and I missed alot of the deadlines for scholarships for studying abroad :(. Are there any international students studying in Switzerland (or who have) that could offer their experience or ideas? Thanks!

Edited by ShaneF

• 2 weeks later...