Applying to Grad School During 1st Bridge Semster

Hey everyone! 

I'm in my first semester of the slp bridge program with FSU. With applications for the Fall 2020 graduation cycle having to be submitted so far in advance, do you think it's too early to even think of applying? I'm taking the GRE soon, have some volunteer/shadowing experience, but that's about it. I appreciate any thoughts/advice! Thanks :) 

Will you have all of your pre-reqs (CSD and ASHA basic science courses) by Fall 2020? I think that would be the only thing holding you back. :)

1 hour ago, letlexlive said:

Hey everyone! 

I'm in my first semester of the slp bridge program with FSU. With applications for the Fall 2020 graduation cycle having to be submitted so far in advance, do you think it's too early to even think of applying? I'm taking the GRE soon, have some volunteer/shadowing experience, but that's about it. I appreciate any thoughts/advice! Thanks :)

hi! This was literally me a year ago. I started FSU bridge program Summer 2018, I just completed it this spring but applied for Fall 2019 admission. So I applied with everyone else. Some schools just want the classes done before you begin graduate school, but some do want them or most of them done before you apply. 

So there were a few schools I didn't waste my time applying to since I knew I wouldn't have enough classes completed in time. But I got into all 13 schools I applied to, with no issues. 

I got into top programs- BU, MGH, Columbia  etc... no problem. I just submitted the classes I had and what classes were in progress! 

Message me if you want any more info!! 

Edited by cef26

2 hours ago, Rezzy S. said:

Will you have all of your pre-reqs (CSD and ASHA basic science courses) by Fall 2020? I think that would be the only thing holding you back. :)

Yes! I'll have them complete by the end of May 2020 :) I wasn't sure if I should have them fully complete before applying, but wanted to avoid a whole year off also! Thank you!

1 hour ago, cef26 said:

hi! This was literally me a year ago. I started FSU bridge program Summer 2018, I just completed it this spring but applied for Fall 2019 admission. So I applied with everyone else. Some schools just want the classes done before you begin graduate school, but some do want them or most of them done before you apply. 

So there were a few schools I didn't waste my time applying to since I knew I wouldn't have enough classes completed in time. But I got into all 13 schools I applied to, with no issues. 

I got into top programs- BU, MGH, Columbia  etc... no problem. I just submitted the classes I had and what classes were in progress! 

Message me if you want any more info!! 

Thank you SO much! This gives me a lot of confidence in applying, I really appreciate all the information and help! I will definitely be messaging you! :)