How much financial aid/student loan were you qualified for?

chu_120

Question

Hello all, I will be attending veterinary school in 2020 and am a bit unsure on the amount of financial aid/student loan that I will be qualified for. 

My husband and I filed joint income of $75,000 for 2018. My school’s office told me that income doesn’t matter, I will still be eligible for aid, but both my school’s office and FAFSA information center were unable to tell me approximately how much I will be qualified for. 

Anybody have any similar experience that can tell me approximately how much you for for your loan/aid? I am worry that I will not be able to afford my graduate program since veterinary school is extremely expensive 

1 answer to this question

Not sure if you've already gotten an answer to this question as most aid notifications have gone out by now, but for graduate students we are only qualified for unsubsidized student loans from FASFA which means they'll start gaining interest immediately and the max you can take out a year is $20,500. If you need more than that, you have to go through private loans or something other than FASFA and government assistance. 

P.S the interest rates for these loans are fixed at 6.08%