NDSEG 2019-2020

SFS

Just now, alcoholistic said:

however robert did say that according to his call with the DOD this morning, they're planning on releasing it. I can cc the email if need proof.

lol I have casually we drop rob on this forum. we should add him to this thread

Just now, alcoholistic said:

That was me. both yesterday and today. I can cc the email for proof, but with the amount of doctored images here, I don't want that to be a concern for people

Nah you're good - I think the offer along with your activity here shows you're being serious. 

My email thread with PMO:

4/14 12:42 Pacific time Alc in response to generic email posted by koenig: I just wanted to follow up on this. I know myself and many of my peers have to make decisions about advisors and graduate school choices by tomorrow. Is there any way that we can get some feedback about when these decisions will come out? I know that funding decisions will likely be a big factor in many student's graduate school choices, and we do need some time to sort out how the NDSEG will affect our choices by tomorrow's graduate school deadlines.

4/14 1:07 Pacific time Ross:

Thanks for following up.

I don't have any further information available. The DoD hasn't released the decisions, and I cannot promise the time they will release. We will get them out as soon as possible after they release the decisions.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to email us here any time at NDSEG.PMO@sysplus.com, or give us a call at (301) 948-4232 between the hours of 9:00 AM and 5:30 PM Eastern time Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays. Be sure to request a call back and leave a phone number at which you can reliably be reached.

4/15 Alc at 10:41 Pacific: Based on your last email, it seems like the DOD has not finished making their decisions? Is this the ARO being delayed due to COVID Response? You mentioned earlier that it would come out today at the latest, but given your previous response it seems that this will be unlikely. In your opinion, should we keep our hopes up for a response today?

4/15 Ross at 10:49 AM Pacific: 

Thanks for reaching out.

Per my last conversation with the DoD this morning (not just ARO, but AFOSR and ONR as well), they are still aiming for decision release today.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to email us here any time at NDSEG.PMO@sysplus.com, or give us a call at (301) 948-4232 between the hours of 9:00 AM and 5:30 PM Eastern time Monday through Friday, except Federal holidays. Be sure to request a call back and leave a phone number at which you can reliably be reached.

Just now, vpaglioni3 said:

Poor Rob - they've probably answered like 1,000 emails this week just from people like us. I can safely cross out "Be the liaison for a prestigious fellowship" from my bucket list. 

He's probably as stressed as we are.   Begging his boss, "Please, let me release the results so I can get some goddamned peace and quiet!"

Just now, OhTheStress said:

He's probably as stressed as we are.   Begging his boss, "Please, let me release the results so I can get some goddamned peace and quiet!"

Accurate - I think we can all emphasize with someone who has to answer questions about something they can't control. It's not fun, I hope Rob realizes how much we appreciate it.