I can’t decide who to pick for my third LOR.

spider-man

I’m an undergrad senior and I can’t decide who to pick as my third LOR. I’m going to have two other LORs that should be pretty strong if that makes a difference. I’m applying to grad schools for Psychology, likely in social or cognitive. Here are my two options, both of which may be weak. 

1. I volunteered in a lab over the summer through cold emailing. I pretty much just did administrative tasks like literature reviews and organizing files. I only met and talked to the lab manager, not the PI. I’m honestly not even sure if I would be able to get a letter from them.

2. Two summers ago, I volunteered at a psychiatric hospital. I sat in on therapy groups and meetings, organized files, read books, and shadowed a clinical psychology. He actually already gave me a letter of reference, I would just have to ask him if he would be willing to upload it for me.

My issue with the second one is that I didn’t do any research there (does that matter?) & it pretty much just says that I did a good job at everything I did there, while complimenting my character. Also, I’m not on the clinical route anymore.

What do you guys think?

22 hours ago, PsyDGrad90 said:

Honestly, I don't know if either of them sound that relevant. Is there maybe a professor you could ask that you've had some classes with? I don't know who your other 2 letters are. 

My other two letters are from PIs. I conducted my own experiment in one lab, and created one in another, so those letters will be pretty strong. Unfortunately, I don’t have any professors I could ask in the Psychology department.