TreyDavis

Question

Hello GradCafe-verse,

I’m in the process of sending off applications to grad school for my MDiv. I wanted to begin correspondence here with other applicants for Fall 2020 or current MDiv students. ALL VOICES WELCOME! My intentions are not to wear a collar, in all reality, but to work in NGOs, nonprofits and public policy for social justice and global conflict transformation. Right now, I’m planning on applying to Emory/Candler, Yale, Duke, Boston University... as they all offer an MDiv with the particular focus I’m looking for.

Right now, I’m not certain these are the only places to which I’ll apply. They are certainly my top choices. I’m coming in with an average GPA but an impressive CV (I attended a liberal arts school). Hoping to begin correspondence with you all!

2 answers to this question

I'm surprised that there are no other comments here! Thanks for starting the thread.

I'm also pursuing an MDiv with no plans of traditional ordination. I hope to practice prison ministry and write/edit for a living. I'm waiting to hear from Candler and Duke (early deadline). I also plan to apply to Yale, Vanderbilt, and maybe Union. Can't wait to see where we end up!