How to include class projects etc. in CV?

aiaiaice

I'm applying to sociology PhDs & MAs with background exclusively in Econ, and I've only written job resumes so writing a CV is a bit daunting for me. I have no publications, no grants/fellowship history, no thesis, etc. Research Experience section in my resume is just unpublished class papers & a field research paper from my study abroad?‍♀️. I currently work as a research assistant at a big-name intl org, but that's just a desk job I haven't co-authored anything yet.

I feel like all the CV examples I can find are from people with way more academic research-oriented experiences, and I feel lost. Any guidance will be much appreciated!

My main questions are:

• How do I include small research papers without embarrassing myself? Do I write short bullet-point descriptions for each, as I would in resumes for research jobs? Or should I just list titles?
  • What are the sections that I can include, other than education / honors, my meagre research experience, work experience, skills (statistical softwares, languages etc)?
  • Is it better to not include GPA?
  • Does anyone have examples of CVs from people with minimal academic experiences? 

I didn't include papers or projects unless I had presented them somewhere (like a panel or conference at my university). I also didn't include my GPA and didn't think to, because the actual application will ask you for it. You could possibly include a "service" section which would include things you did for your university or college, i.e. leadership position in some sort of club or organization, served on a committee, tutored etc. I recommend taking a look at the CVs of current grad students at departments you want to apply to. Figure out when they were in undergrad and what they include from that time. Grad students are always listed on the department page, and sometimes they'll include links to CVs. If not, you can sometimes google older grad students and find a CV. 

I didn't include class projects, but I do understand not knowing what to include in a cv while still a student.  I googled grad student cv's for my field and browsed program websites directly to see if students posted theirs.  I gathered several samples, many of which had no publications, conference presentations, or grant writing experience and created mine in similar fashion.  I've added relevant sections as I've gained experience.