List of Data Science/Statistics programs in the U.S?

runmore05

I'm interested in applying to Stats and Data Science MS programs. The USNWR and AMSTAT top schools list is helpful (for stats), but I'd like to see a larger list. I've come across some interesting programs just by looking up x school (not on the best ranked lists) and looking up programs they're offering. 

Does anyone know of any resources that post a list of all data science programs and/or statistics programs in the United States? This resource from CSU East Bay is kinda what I'm looking for, but it's dated. 

Looking up data science programs is trickier-- no USNWR or AMSTAT lists, but instead a lot of "20 Best Value Schools for Data Science Masters" type results. 

A little bit off-topic, but should I just stray away from considering schools that don't score highly on USNWR (or are even unranked)? It seems like a ton (most?) of the posters on GradCafe are only seriously considering Ivy-League or similar status schools. I'm sure the elite schools consistently beat out lower ranked schools across most metrics, but is it to the point where I shouldn't even consider the lower ranked? 

Here's a pretty solid list of data science programs in the US. https://analytics.ncsu.edu/?page_id=4184

The statistics ones are much easier to find since they have been around much longer. Just look at the US News rankings for a general idea of which programs are considered good.

As for your question about whether it's worth it to attend lower ranked schools, it really depends on what your goal is. If you want to boost your profile for PhD admissions, maybe not. However, it sounds like you want to become a data scientist and you should be able to do that from a lower ranked school. I interned at a Fortune 100 company as a data scientist and my boss had an MS in statistics from a directional university that I had never heard of.