Should I list this conference on my CV?

WildeingOut

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding whether or not I should include this conference on the “Invited Papers/Conferences” section of my CV. My paper was accepted to a CUNY English conference last Spring semester, but I ended up not being able to attend/present because the conference was held on the same day as my graduation from my MA program. That said, the paper was still accepted and CUNY is one of my top choice programs so I took the paper’s acceptance as a mark of capability and feel that I should still, for this reason, list it on my CV. 

Would you recommend this and should I include a one line notation noting that I was not able to attend due to the date conflict?

35 minutes ago, WildeingOut said:

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding whether or not I should include this conference on the “Invited Papers/Conferences” section of my CV. My paper was accepted to a CUNY English conference last Spring semester, but I ended up not being able to attend/present because the conference was held on the same day as my graduation from my MA program. That said, the paper was still accepted and CUNY is one of my top choice programs so I took the paper’s acceptance as a mark of capability and feel that I should still, for this reason, list it on my CV. 

Would you recommend this and should I include a one line notation noting that I was not able to attend due to the date conflict?

Have you done other conferences?

1 hour ago, WildeingOut said:

I would not recommend listing a conference you were unable to attend due to a time conflict despite your proposal being accepted. Graduate Conferences tend to be less competitive to get accepted into but their real value comes from networking and improving your presentation skills. It's also likely that there are records of who presented and having it on there despite you mentioning the conflict might pull into question on how honest the rest of your CV is.

4 hours ago, WildeingOut said:

@Cryss yes I have presented at other conferences 

I would leave it out and highlight your others. It doesn't matter if this one is a CUNY conference and you are applying to a CUNY school. Attending another conference would probably carry the same weight (a well-renowned one might carry a little more).