Academic Fraud

nonamestudent

Question

Ok so I am a student at ECU and I recently learned that another student has never taken any of the courses at ECU yet she is a senior close to graduating. She was telling everyone at the party about paying people to take the entire class for her. I know it doesn't hold much weight without actual proof. I know one of the guys who has taken numerous courses for her as he is my roommate. The problem I have is if I were to anonymously report her would he also get penalized for him doing so because he is a student? I'm asking that because sadly I believe at some point she got a family member of mine to take courses for her also and he is at a community college and plans to apply at a university soon. So my question is if I were to report her would they get in trouble with her also? Would that hurt my family members chances of getting into a university? 

I know someone is probably thinking why does he want to report her. I want to report her because she hasn't earned a single part of that 3.9 gpa she constantly brags about having.

1 answer to this question

Some schools have honor codes that mandate you report something like this if you know about it, or you're considered complicit. Everyone who helped her should've known better. I get you're worried about people you care about, but you also need to look out for yourself. Again, knowing about this and not reporting it is seen as academic dishonesty at some schools. You're playing with fire by doing nothing. You need to report this.