Is it acceptable to list footnotes for article titles at the bottom on one's SOP?

I refer to two articles with short-hand names since the articles titles are rather verbose and prohibitively long and only mention both once.

Currently, I have markers, that correspond to ACM citations of the articles but wonder if it would be better to mention them:

a. inline with full name

b. inline with short name, and assume the reader will know what I'm talking about

c. inline with footnote

Anyone know best practice here?

8 hours ago, inferrinizzard said:

Is it acceptable to list footnotes for article titles at the bottom on one's SOP?

I refer to two articles with short-hand names since the articles titles are rather verbose and prohibitively long and only mention both once.

Currently, I have markers, that correspond to ACM citations of the articles but wonder if it would be better to mention them:

a. inline with full name

b. inline with short name, and assume the reader will know what I'm talking about

c. inline with footnote

Anyone know best practice here?

I recommend that you use use end notes rather than footnotes. The objective of this recommendation is to make sure your that your SOP clearly is within the recommended page/word limit.

I further recommend that your notes be [1] in the appropriate format for your discipline, and [2] triple checked to make sure you're not presenting inadvertently someone else's work as your own.

Also, please do all you can to budget enough time so that you can put aside the draft SOP for at least a day and then read a printing copy with a fresh[er] set of eyes.

Finally, if you have time, make an editorial run through the SOP with an eye for efficiency. Get ride of prepositional phrase and passive verbal constructions.