REU app advice, pls help

bonbena

I am a 4th year junior studying applied statistics and am highly interested in pursuing a graduate degree in mathematical biology, and would like to do an reu this coming summer. The problem is, I got severely sick my second year of college and my gpa as a result dipped significantly from the pretty good position I was in freshman year. I think it would also be worth mentioning that I did research at my home institute the summer after my first year with a fellowship. I am slowly on the mend currently and will probably be back to normal by next spring, but by the time reu apps are out my gpa following this fall will probably fall somewhere in the 3.2-3.3 range. My coursework in math is limited since I've just been trying to get general classes done, so I am taking a significant amount in the spring but currently have only finished coding classes and maths such as diff eq, lin alg, multivar calc, and discrete. I was wondering if there are any applied math or biomathematical reus which would be somewhat realistic for me to apply for. I believe my recs will be good and will work hard on the personal statements. Thank you so much in advance!! hopefully this can be helpful to people in similar situations

• 2 months later...