idiosyncratic questions about WS... page limits/formatting etc

These are very specific, possibly dumb questions but perhaps you guys can advise:

I'm using a version of my thesis for a WS. When I wrote it initially and turned it in, I had a separate title page at the beginning. I believe CMOS does mention that you can elect to put the title on the first page instead?? but it's not really the standard. should I leave the title page/would it count toward pg count since it isn't numbered? 

Most programs specify whether page count includes the bibliography/notes.. but a few of mine do not. Is it safe to assume it doesn't count if they don't go out of their way to mention it? Or would that be considered common sense that it does count? (since I'm doing chicago, all the notes are in footnotes, so the bibliography will only add 1-2 pages.)

I might be stressing too much about little details. I've had profs tell me that while it's good to follow the rules wherever possible/making your paper more concise never hurts, it's also really not a big deal to spill over page limits by a page or two and that it's not something an adcom would toss out an app over. But now that I might actually be doing that, I feel really nervous about it. So... thoughts?