Congress Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals 2020-2021

JammyJam2020

• 2 weeks later...

I applied this year! Do you know when we hear back about it? I remember it being sometime in December. What internship field are you interested in? What is your background? Did you apply for any other fellowships (fulbright or USTA Austria)?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 12:47 AM, osunflower said:

I applied this year! Do you know when we hear back about it? I remember it being sometime in December. What internship field are you interested in? What is your background? Did you apply for any other fellowships (fulbright or USTA Austria)?

Nice to see some other applicants! I had an alumni help me during the application process and he said that he found out January 6th, so my guess is that we’ll find out about the interview really early in January. My internship field is Student Affairs! I’m interested in pursuing a career in International Education and working at a college or university, so I that’s what I built my application around. I’ve worked in the field for 3 years while I’ve completed my undergrad degree. In terms of background, I’m a 4th year student studying Family Sciences! I’ve never been to Germany but I’ve read about the country a lot in my classes and I actually befriended a German exchange student this past semester. I did not apply for any other fellowships unfortunately. This is the first fellowship application that I have applied to so I decided to take in slow this time around. What about you? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I do not know when we hear back. I am interested in Museums as my internship field. I graduated in May 2019 with my undergrad in Philosophy and a minor in German. I applied for Fulbright and am a semi-finalist. I am also applying for the USTA!

• 1 month later...

Hey all, just wanted to pass on that the American High School CBYX participants were all pulled from Germany due to CoVid-19 and (I believe) are in a 2-week quarantine in the States right now. I'm not sure yet about the Young Professionals group, as they've been circulating a petition to stay in Germany (my friend is an alum and it was sent to her). I know a similar program set to start in June (CLS - the Critical Language Scholarship Program) has been canceled this year. I'm still hoping for the best due to the later start date and an update soon, but I'm sure administration is very preoccupied with the current participants now. Though I really hope it will still happen, just be prepared to apply another year. 

• 5 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Notifications for the CBYX YP program came today. It looks like the program is delayed until next year, and there's a lot of uncertainty in the air. Is anyone interested in creating a group chat? i.e. WhatsApp, Instagram, FB Messenger?

Edited by mrsbmdgs

Saw this and quickly made an account. I also too got my response. Im really bummed out that my email didnt even speak about being on the waiting list. But the program got delayef to Janurary but language school will be online or in the US.