Laptops

matcha

Help?

This is along different lines, but I'm trying to do a clean install of Mac OS 10.5 on my aging PowerBook G4.

10.5 (Leopard, not *Snow* Leopard) is no longer available from Apple, and on Amazon and Ebay there are scalpingly high prices. Does anyone have an old (licensed) install disk they'd like to give or sell me? If so, please PM me.

Thanks!

PS The reason I'm not going for a higher OS is that my computer is of the last of the PPC-type and as such can't run anything higher than Leopard. I figure I'll buy a desktop of some sort soon, but a reasonably non-obsolete laptop (even if slightly rickety) could be really useful.

Personally, I have a Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop and it's worked fabulous for the six or so years I've had it. It's slowed down a little due to all the junk I've accumulated on it, but for a Windows AND a Dell, I'd say it was a good investment. And it worked well enough to run something as graphics-heavy as 3DS Max. But I realize this model may be obsolete at this point, so whatever is the most recent version of it would be my personal recommendation.

Hello everyone! I am thinking of buying a netbook before leaving for the US. I plan to initially get a netbook here in my home country and buy a more powerful laptop after a couple of months in the US. What brand/model/specs would you suggest for the netbook? Thanks in advance!

I've always been a fan of Lenovo S-series netbooks.

And as for me, my school made it easy on me since incoming doctoral students get a free laptop upon entering: Lenovo T420 i7 or T420s i5. Opting for the heavier, beefier T420 to hold me over for 2-3 years at least.