8 hours ago, KelseyEff said:

I applied on December 10 and just saw in the self service center that I was accepted today! Those who have been accepted, how long was it until you got the official email?? I’m a little hesitant to tell friends and family until I get it and it feels “official”, you know?

Congrats! :) You'll get the official email probably around next Monday along with the checklist to hold your spot in the program.

Hi everyone! I applied on 1/8/20 for the 2 year program. I received an email this morning letting me know my application has been sent to the SW department for a final review. I'm curious for those who have been accepted, how much longer did you have to wait after getting this email? 

Hi all,

I applied for the two-year program on 12-12-19. On 12-17-19 it was forwarded to the SW Dept. I am still waiting and the wait is killing me. I applied last year on the deadline which was 01-15-19 and I was denied acceptance due to late submission. Hopefully this doesn’t happen to me again. 

Hey guys! I just found out that I was accepted into CSULB today! my stats are as follows.. 

I applied for advanced standing on 1-14, my undergrad gpa is 3.5, I was in the military for four years and I have 6 months of experience with school social work and 6 months of volunteering experience.

It seems fast so I’m surprised but I’m soooo glad I got accepted! 

On 2/12/2020 at 9:23 AM, lattes&equality said:

Hi everyone! I applied on 1/8/20 for the 2 year program. I received an email this morning letting me know my application has been sent to the SW department for a final review. I'm curious for those who have been accepted, how much longer did you have to wait after getting this email? 

About 1 month

Hi everyone! 

I checked the self-service website today and was offered provisional admission for the 3-year working program! I'm a little nervous about the fact that it's provisional but definitely grateful. It's still an acceptance, right? ? I submitted my application on January 13th (via overnight FedEx shipping). I received an email on February 6th stating that my application was incomplete. They had some questions about the number of units I had reported (I was a double major in undergrad and did some post-bacc courses at a JC) and my GPA calculation. I responded asap and received another email same day informing me that my application had been received by the School of Social Work.

My GPA is trash, honestly ? Which I think may be the reason they gave me provisional admission. I feel my experience may have made up for that. I've heard of graduate programs that do provisional admissions and will grant you full admission as long as you get a B or higher in the first 12 units? Has anyone read this too or received provisional admission?

I applied to CSULA, CSUF, SDSU, UNR, and NYU. I got accepted to NYU but haven't heard from the other schools. 

Good luck! ?

On 2/28/2020 at 10:22 PM, ym_02 said:

Hi everyone! 

I checked the self-service website today and was offered provisional admission for the 3-year working program! I'm a little nervous about the fact that it's provisional but definitely grateful. It's still an acceptance, right? ? I submitted my application on January 13th (via overnight FedEx shipping). I received an email on February 6th stating that my application was incomplete. They had some questions about the number of units I had reported (I was a double major in undergrad and did some post-bacc courses at a JC) and my GPA calculation. I responded asap and received another email same day informing me that my application had been received by the School of Social Work.

My GPA is trash, honestly ? Which I think may be the reason they gave me provisional admission. I feel my experience may have made up for that. I've heard of graduate programs that do provisional admissions and will grant you full admission as long as you get a B or higher in the first 12 units? Has anyone read this too or received provisional admission?

I applied to CSULA, CSUF, SDSU, UNR, and NYU. I got accepted to NYU but haven't heard from the other schools. 

Good luck! ?

Hi ym_02, 

I haven’t heard of a provisional acceptance . I would contact them to see what it’s about . But nonetheless congratulations. I’m hoping I get the same thing. I too don’t have a good GPA but did do a lot of volunteering. Would you mind sharing your stats ? 

I applied back in November and haven’t hear back. I’m trying to keep my hopes up . 

Hi Melissam93, 

I received my offer letter today and it stated that my final acceptance is contingent upon admission to CSULB by University Enrollment Services. I'm assuming that's the "provision". Considering my application was forwarded to the School of Social Work, I'm going to assume I'm okay! ? 

I received my BSc in General Biology and BA in History from UCSD. My cumulative GPA was only slightly above the minimum cutoff ? I've worked in clinical psychiatric research since 2012 where I've held positions as data entry, research associate, study/research coordinator. I'm currently a clinical research supervisor. I have experience working with geriatric population and individuals with SMI (schizoprenia, schizoaffective disorder, PTSD, bipolar disorder). I have also done volunteering at a children's hospital and medical clinic in Mexico. 

I hope you hear back soon! The waiting part is the worst. I was constantly checking my application status like a madwoman. haha. 

I called them right now and she told me the wait for a decision is currently 8-18 weeks and they expect to have the bulk of their decisions by early MAY. I almost went into cardiac arrest !! I applied at the beginning of January so a 5 month wait is just like why??? lol You guys want me or you don’t but either way just let me knowww ?

On 3/2/2020 at 5:02 PM, jd_msw said:

I called them right now and she told me the wait for a decision is currently 8-18 weeks and they expect to have the bulk of their decisions by early MAY. I almost went into cardiac arrest !! I applied at the beginning of January so a 5 month wait is just like why??? lol You guys want me or you don’t but either way just let me knowww ?

I made an account specifically for your post. lol Holy hell, early May?! I dropped my application off in person on 1/13/19 and was told it would take about 6-12 weeks. I guess I have a few more weeks to go. ?

• 1 month later...
On 4/9/2020 at 1:48 PM, Vee3 said:

Hey all, 

Has anyone received updates on their application? 

I applied Dec. 6 and have yet to hear back ?

I haven't heard a thing. I applied in January and still nothing. Just an email that stated my application was being forwarded to the academic department for their review. I also emailed them just on the slight chance that I might get a response. It's totally understandable that everything has come to a halt. I do wonder when we'll be notified about decisions ?

@SWMSW99 if you don’t mind me asking, how do you know that you got rejected because you turned it in on the deadline? I also got denied and turned in my packet in person on the deadline (I couldn’t before). I a ~4.0 at UCLA and have a lot of human service community involvement and two years of work experience. I was accepted into UCLA’s MSW but not CSULB MSW

On 4/17/2020 at 3:54 PM, laureneve said:

I haven't heard a thing. I applied in January and still nothing. Just an email that stated my application was being forwarded to the academic department for their review. I also emailed them just on the slight chance that I might get a response. It's totally understandable that everything has come to a halt. I do wonder when we'll be notified about decisions ?

I also received that email and I have been checking my application status every week via self-serve. I assumed that things would come to a halt because of the virus however, I applied to CSUDH, CSUF & CSULB. I called CSUDH to ask if they were pausing the application process and their response was no. They are keeping everything going as coordinated. When I called LB, I was forwarded to voicemail so I am not sure how the application process is going there. 

CSUF also has not updated me on my application. I was admitted to DH two weeks ago. 

Good Luck!