2020 Fall Application

49 minutes ago, Michelle11331 said:

Anyone hear back from John Jay College, CUNY Grad School's Criminal Justice program? 

I applied to The Graduate Center CUNY's Psychology and Law program, but like the Criminal Justice program it is also based at John Jay and has many of the same faculty. Also, my application status is still just "submitted," while another school I applied to (UMD) that uses the same portal says "under departmental/program review." I really hope to hear back soon because they are my top choice ?

6 hours ago, Michelle11331 said:

Anyone hear back from John Jay College, CUNY Grad School's Criminal Justice program? 

A girl I met from another visit heard back from them a couple weeks ago about an interview I believe. 

Got my first official rejection letter earlier from UMSL. Good luck to everyone else who’s applying there!

Actually still kinda bitter about this and I'm pretty sure it's just some sort of type 1 error but darn they dont seem very keen on accepting international applicants. Most of those getting accepted to whatever PhD program at UMSL are American with U.S. degrees, so, I dunno

Edited by vince2020

Randomly logged onto my portal today for The Graduate Center CUNY and saw that there was a decision status available beginning 2/11. Rejected from my top program ?

Just heard from UMD. Got denied from their Ph.D. but accepted into their M.A. I love the program but it's just too unaffordable as an out-of-state graduate student.

On 1/5/2020 at 8:56 PM, blacktoerunner said:

Applied to York University socio-legal studies, University of Toronto Criminology and Sociology, Ryerson University Criminology and Social Justice 

Accepted to York Socio-Legal studies (full funding) Rejected from U of T Sociology, the rest are still pending

Has anyone heard back from UPenn (Criminology, PhD), American University (Justice, Law, and Criminology PhD), or UMass Lowell (Criminology PhD)? I know some people who have already heard that they were rejected from the PhD but accepted into the Master's at UPenn so I'm wondering if me having not heard anything yet means it's a definite rejection or not...

Just now, Smoul1 said:

Has anyone heard back from UPenn (Criminology, PhD), American University (Justice, Law, and Criminology PhD), or UMass Lowell (Criminology PhD)? I know some people who have already heard that they were rejected from the PhD but accepted into the Master's at UPenn so I'm wondering if me having not heard anything yet means it's a definite rejection or not...

I actually logged into inquire about this and saw your comment, especially Penn State. I'm still waiting to hear back from them, but it looks like at least some of the Sociology folks have already heard from the school. 

Glad to know I'm not the only one wondering about this... :( 

31 minutes ago, Smoul1 said:

UPenn has sent out their acceptances already but you might be on the waitlist. I'm also waiting on Lowell.

37 minutes ago, SunshineOnMe said:

I actually logged into inquire about this and saw your comment, especially Penn State. I'm still waiting to hear back from them, but it looks like at least some of the Sociology folks have already heard from the school. 

Glad to know I'm not the only one wondering about this... :(

Oops, I thought you meant Penn State :( 

Anyone hear from Penn State? 

On 2/26/2020 at 10:38 AM, blacktoerunner said:

Accepted to York Socio-Legal studies (full funding) Rejected from U of T Sociology, the rest are still pending

Congratulations on the acceptance! Good luck waiting on the rest. May I ask - were you given a deadline to respond to the offer from York? 

On 3/7/2020 at 8:43 PM, mashid said:

Congratulations on the acceptance! Good luck waiting on the rest. May I ask - were you given a deadline to respond to the offer from York? 

yes I was! deadline is March 11th so very soon, if I don't hear from any other schools before March 10th I will accept that offer 

On 1/5/2020 at 8:56 PM, blacktoerunner said:

Applied to York University socio-legal studies, University of Toronto Criminology and Sociology, Ryerson University Criminology and Social Justice 

Rejected No Decision Yet Accepted

York Socio Legal Studies, U of T Sociology, U of T Criminology, Ryerson Criminology and Social Justice 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else vying for Federal Law Enforcement Jobs? I have a few schools I got into, including American. Anyone think location is of great importance?