2020 Fall Application

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2020 at 6:56 PM, blacktoerunner said:

Applied to York University socio-legal studies, University of Toronto Criminology and Sociology, Ryerson University Criminology and Social Justice 

Just saw.Good luck...

the CCJ board is reallllly quiet this year hopefully that means people are moving to other disciplines and nobody’s competing w us lol (unlikely but hopefully

I generally applied to a mix of forensic/legal psychology and criminology programs.

• Florida State University (FSU) for M.S. in Criminology
  • University of Florida (UF) for Ph.D. in Criminology, Law, and Society
  • Florida International University (FIU) for Ph.D. in Legal Psychology
  • University of Maryland (UMD) for Ph.D. in Criminology and Criminal Justice
  • Graduate Center CUNY (John Jay) for Ph.D. in Psychology and Law

I'm going crazy having not heard back from any schools yet, especially because threads from previous years have led me to believe that acceptances/rejections will be coming any day now. I just want to know already!

2 hours ago, CeXra said:

Is that your first choice? What other schools/programs did you apply to?

Totes. MSU’s a great fit for what I wanna do so... I’m also doing Rutgers PSU UMSL for their crim

where else are you applying to?

15 minutes ago, vincentorld said:

Totes. MSU’s a great fit for what I wanna do so... I’m also doing Rutgers PSU UMSL for their crim

where else are you applying to?

MSU, crim

Rutgers, UM (College Park), UMass Amherst, for soc (strong criminal justice oriented faculty focus tho)

13 hours ago, CeXra said:

MSU, crim

Rutgers, UM (College Park), UMass Amherst, for soc (strong criminal justice oriented faculty focus tho)

Dayum I forgot Amherst? I applied to Northwestern’s soc too, they’ve got J Hagan and A Papachristos so, pretty strong CCJ stuff too 

Edited by vincentorld

On 1/24/2020 at 8:12 PM, vincentorld said:

Just saw.Good luck...

the CCJ board is reallllly quiet this year hopefully that means people are moving to other disciplines and nobody’s competing w us lol (unlikely but hopefully

I applied to MPPA at Ryerson, is there a Public Policy thread? I can't find one for Toronto thats recent 

Good luck!

16 minutes ago, Kaelyn said:

Hey everyone! I applied to MSU, Rutgers, George Mason, UC-Irvine, and Ohio State. I have heard back from almost all of them. Good luck everyone! 

Already? I haven’t heard from MSU yet - did you apply to their soc program?

also, wait, OSU has graduate Crim program now?

Edited by vincentorld

16 hours ago, vince2020 said:

Already? I haven’t heard from MSU yet - did you apply to their soc program?

also, wait, OSU has graduate Crim program now?

Hi! I haven't officially heard from MSU yet, and I applied to their criminal justice program. OSU does not have a crim program. it is still just sociology, but that is my current undergraduate institution so I decided to apply there again. Some schools have given me official admission decisions and others are just interview invites. 

4 hours ago, Kaelyn said:

Hi! I haven't officially heard from MSU yet, and I applied to their criminal justice program. OSU does not have a crim program. it is still just sociology, but that is my current undergraduate institution so I decided to apply there again. Some schools have given me official admission decisions and others are just interview invites. 

I hope you heard good news from the schools you heard back from! I am still waiting on MSU (from crim). The other programs I applied to were in sociology.

6 hours ago, Kaelyn said:

O-H! I’m a buckeye too lol

On 2/5/2020 at 6:06 PM, CeXra said:

I hope you heard good news from the schools you heard back from! I am still waiting on MSU (from crim). The other programs I applied to were in sociology.

Yes, it has been all good news so far! I recently had one interview and have another next week. Those are the only two schools I do not have my admission decision from aside from one of the master's programs I applied to just in case. I just heard back from MSU literally like 10 minutes ago. 

On 2/5/2020 at 8:18 PM, vince2020 said:

O-H! I’m a buckeye too lol

I-O! That's awesome! 

1 hour ago, Kaelyn said:

Yes, it has been all good news so far! I recently had one interview and have another next week. Those are the only two schools I do not have my admission decision from aside from one of the master's programs I applied to just in case. I just heard back from MSU literally like 10 minutes ago. 

I-O! That's awesome! 

Haha heard back from MSU around the same time! Whew what a relief I finally don’t have to worry about not getting into any PhD program now! And MSU is one of my first choices!

1 hour ago, vince2020 said:

Haha heard back from MSU around the same time! Whew what a relief I finally don’t have to worry about not getting into any PhD program now! And MSU is one of my first choices!

Same here! I did a summer program there and really loved it. Unfortunately, I will not be able to make the visit :(

Still radio silence from all of my schools...almost all of their applications were due on 12/1 so I'm surprised I haven't heard literally anything yet.