Fall 2020 Campus Visits / Recruitment Weekends Thread

marvel2375

Hello all! Figured I would start a thread on campus visits and admitted students/recruitment weekends, so that it would be helpful for folks who are applying to multiple programs to be aware of conflicting dates and plan/prioritize their preferences accordingly.

If you get invited to visit a campus (either after being admitted or while interviewing for a program), or if you are a currently enrolled student in an anthropology graduate program, please post the date(s) in which your program/department will invite finalists/recently admitted students to your campus this coming spring, and if possible, describe what others could expect from such visits (i.e. is it for admitted students or for interview finalists? does the program fly out applicants for a campus visit or are applicants expected to self-fund themselves? etc.) 

• 1 month later...

Indiana University-Bloomington March 26-28 - Invite. They referred to it as "recruitment weekend". They have provided some funds for travel and are paying for the hotel. Still have not received an itinerary.

Santa Cruz is doing a visiting day in a couple weeks, travel costs reimbursement, food paid for and current student hosts or paid for hotel (TBD). Davis has no formal recruitment weekend but a few students are going there and they'll have us hosted by current students. I'll be taking the Amtrak from one to the next, not sure if I'll be able to get that reimbursed.