NYU CSDCAS Transcript Frustration

CSDApplicant

Question

I am so frustrated. I submitted my application to the NYU CSD program by the January 1st deadline through CSDCAS. All of my transcripts, test scores, and recommendation letters arrived on time. I think  - "Yay, I'm done. Long process over." Wrong. I start reading the fine print about the Professional Transcript Entry (PTE), and it basically says it will take up to four weeks to enter and validate all of the info on my transcripts. And they only start working on them once all the transcripts arrive. Then it says that CSDCAS is not responsible if I miss a deadline because of the PTE process. I was blown away. Now my application that I put a lot of time and effort into is not valid? Has anybody else had this problem? I really do not like this service. It took them two weeks just to process one of my transcripts. I had to hound them. I emailed NYU, but it's New Years's of course. Please, someone give me some hope.

3 answers to this question

I just reread your post-- are you saying you used the service where CSDCAS enters your grade instead of you doing it manually? If you did indeed enter your grade manually, you are completely fine. If not, talk to the program and hope for the best!