Flight Costs

hermm

Hi all,

Does anyone (current students or previous applicants) have advice on paying for flights? With interview offers coming out 2 weeks before interview dates I am mentally weeping at the flight costs. Do people have tricks for affording these (like specific credit cards or anything)? I was wondering if signing up for a delta/united credit card and using the miles would be worthwhile or if I should just grit my teeth and dip way into my savings haha.

28 minutes ago, hermm said:

Hi all,

Does anyone (current students or previous applicants) have advice on paying for flights? With interview offers coming out 2 weeks before interview dates I am mentally weeping at the flight costs. Do people have tricks for affording these (like specific credit cards or anything)? I was wondering if signing up for a delta/united credit card and using the miles would be worthwhile or if I should just grit my teeth and dip way into my savings haha.

Airfaire watch dog is a good way to try and find cheap flights! And if you go the credit card route and need one with extra room I would look at one that offers no interest fee for a year plus and just smack all of the flight charges onto that one card 

You should talk to someone at the schools you have interviews for. I’ve heard of some schools being able to offer financial assistance with flights. It never hurts to ask. I wouldn’t open a credit card unless you are absolutely sure you want it as most of the airline cards you have to spend a certain about of money before getting the miles.  Consider flying on the smaller airlines (Spirit, Frontier,etc) the planes are worse than the bigger airlines but cheaper. Also make sure you clear your cookies/history on your browser because people say prices go up when you have been looking at multiple sites. Hope this helps!